Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bobbi's Surgery

So, shortly after Halloween, I went into the hospital to have a hysterectomy. I'd been having trouble for more than a year, so after a couple tests, we agreed it was time to take the big step. We decided we should do it the beginning of November, so I would be recovered by Christmas.

My surgery was on a Thursday and I was home by mid-day Friday. For those of you who don't know, I've lost about 60 pounds this last year and I think it made all the difference in the world in my recovery time. I was back up moving around the next week and actually getting us ready for an early Thanksgiving.

The boys visited their Dad in Texas over the holiday, so in order to celebrate with them, we had Turkey Day the weekend before. I had most of the fixin's complete by Friday and even made 7 loaves of homemade Swedish rye bread (recipe compliments of my Sister-in-Law, Elaine). I was back working from home by the week of Thanksgiving and back in the office the following week.

While it's not something I would wish on anyone, in my case, having the surgery turned out to be a great thing. I am completely back to normal; maybe better and I won't have any more problems.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes; my home-girls at work for the pretty flowers; and to Stacy (Thad's Boss) for sending the beautiful plant.

No comments: